Recipe by getoutofmygalley
I love tomato sandwiches in the summer, so I came up with this caprese-type sandwich to serve for lunch one day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Marinate tomatoes in the dressing, stirring occasionally.
- Combine mayonnaise, black pepper and 3 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. Spread the mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Sprinkle fresh basil over two slices.
- Place marinated tomatoes on the same two slices.
- Sprinkle all four slices of bread with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5-6 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown. Place one half on top of the other to form a sandwich, and serve hot.