Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Out of the South Beach Diet! Each serving is only 100 calories, 2 g of total fat, 18 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 3 g of protein
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely grated and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut up into small pieces
- 1 cup celery, cut up into small pieces
- 1 cup cucumber, cut up into small pieces
- From the lime, grate 2 teaspoonfuls of the peel and finely chop. Squeeze one teaspoonful of lime juice from the lime.
- Chop up the vegetables as specified in the ingredients.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, avocado, parsley, vinegar, cumin and lime peel and juice. Let it stand at room temp for about 15 minutes. Serve the salsa with vegetables (carrots and celery sticks are great) or whole wheat pita wedges (can be toasted).