1/1 Photo of Tomato Salsa (Salsa Cruda)
Taken from The Best International Recipe, posted for safekeeping. Tastes best the day it is made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set a large colander in a large bowl.
- 2Place the tomatoes in the colander and let them drain for 30 minutes.
- 3As the tomatoes drain, layer the jalapeno, onion, garlic, and cilantro on top.
- 4Shake the colander to drain off the excess tomato juice; discard the juice and wipe out the bowl.
- 5Transfer the contents of the colander to the now-empty bowl.
- 6Add the salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the lime juice and toss to combine.
- 7Season with the minced jalapeno seeds, sugar, and additional lime juice to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Salsa (Salsa Cruda)
Serving Size: 1 (795 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 401.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g