Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tangy dip that tastes great with spicy Mexican snacks such as tortilla chips.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons dry chili flakes
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Warm the onion, peppers, tomatoes, tomato juice, chili flakes, white wine vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Combine the cornstarch with the water and add to the simmering salsa.
- Stir until thickened before leaving on one side to cool before serving.
Hi Rose, This was even better that that bottled salsa! I used the microwave; let the onions and peppers cook a bit more,then added the tomatoes and cooked another few minutes.I then added the remaining ingredients. I took no time at all to produce this salsa;I will be using this recipe from now on.I made this for WT3; thanks for posting. Rita