- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1⁄4 fresh lemon, squeezed
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely minced fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan saute onions in olive oil until transparent.
- Set aside.
- Place tomatoes in a ceramic bowl and pour boiling water over them.
- When the skins curl peel, chop and deseed the tomatoes.
- Do this step over a strainer so no juices are lost.
- Add all ingredients to the onions and continue to saute until mixture is well-blended and heated through.
- Serve over fish or chicken.
- Sprinkle finely minced parsley over top for a garnish.