Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A raw food vegan recipe that I haven't yet tried.
- 4 cups tomatoes
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, whole
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, seeded
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, soaked in warm water
- Place tomatoes in food processor and chop into small pieces.
- Place in a bowl.
- Place jalapenos, garlic, onion, cilantro, basil, lime juice, salt, cumin, and chili powder in food processor and chop until very fine.
- Pour this mixture in the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Place peppers in the processor and chop fine.
- Pour in bowl with the tomato mixture.
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in the processor and chop until smooth like tomato paste.
- Blend them with the salsa mixture in a bowl.
- Allow to sit for a couple of hours to allow the flavours to develop.