Recipe by morgainegeiser
Hungarians like to "dress" up their tomatoes with sour cream and lots of cheese. This is a slimmed down version .
Top Review by SB6
The only thing I can figure is that maybe it did not refrigerate as long as it should. I am not a yogurt fan but DH is. I put in fridge for 3 hours & I'm sorry but neither of us enjoyed the dressing. The yogurt was so dominate I didn't taste the other ingredients. Made for your Football week 16 win.
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped just before serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, except lettuce and tomato. Mix well. Chill several hours to blend flavors.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on four individual serving plates. Chop tomato and pile on lettuce. Spoon dressing over tomatoes, allowing 2 tablespoonfulls for each serving.
- Serve right away.
- Time does not include chilling time.