Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hungarians like to "dress" up their tomatoes with sour cream and lots of cheese. This is a slimmed down version .
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped just before serving
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, except lettuce and tomato. Mix well. Chill several hours to blend flavors.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on four individual serving plates. Chop tomato and pile on lettuce. Spoon dressing over tomatoes, allowing 2 tablespoonfulls for each serving.
- Serve right away.
- Time does not include chilling time.
The only thing I can figure is that maybe it did not refrigerate as long as it should. I am not a yogurt fan but DH is. I put in fridge for 3 hours & I'm sorry but neither of us enjoyed the dressing. The yogurt was so dominate I didn't taste the other ingredients. Made for your Football week 16 win.
We had as written except for the romaine lettuce (not on hand). This was great! Both DH and I enjoyed this, especially the dressing. We will make this again! Thanks! Reviewed for ZWT4.
I enjoy horseradish, Dijon mustard, and parmesan cheese so this was a winner with me. The dressing was so good on the salad. Went to the grocery store and bought the lettuce and tomatoes but cant wait to head to the Farmer's Market and buy them right out of the garden and make this again. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4 - Zingo.