Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lovely summery side dish or appetizer. Choose the biggest, ripest tomatoes available.
- 3 large red ripe tomatoes
- 3 scallions
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar or 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Turn the tomatoes on their side and cut through into slices about 1/4in thick. Arrange in overlapping circles on a plate.
- Trim and clean the scallions. Cut in half lengthways and slice on the diagonal. Scatter these over the tomatoes.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.