Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another magazine find. The lemon rind and juice get utilized in this salad. I love the lemon oil fragrance in the lemon skin! I had it as a side dish with shrimp scampi and it went well. Nice with sea salt.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- Place tomatoes and cilantro in large bowl.
- With a vegetable peeler, carefully remove peel from lemon, leaving white pith behind.
- Toss with tomatoes.
- Squeeze lemon to make 1/4 cup juice; pour in oil and whisk with lemon juice until blended.
- Pour over tomatoes; toss lightly, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
I did not have any cherry tomatoes so I used large ones. This is such a flavourful salad and is ready in no time. Thanks for the recipe.
This salad was enjoyed by all-It is so simple to make- has a very pleasant tang and looks beautiful to serve. Definately will make this again Thanks OOlala for adding a nice touch to my luncheon for friends
I needed a simple dish so I chose this recipe as I love Coriander (Cilantro), Tomatoes and Lemon. I didn't have cherry tomatoes so I used 4 large tomatoes, I also used less then half the olive oil. The taste was superb, perfect for summer nights as it was revitalizing. Thank you for your post Oolala.