Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from French Women Don't Get Fat. This is a really refreshing and surprisingly filling recipe which is perfect for the summer. I served it with fresh mussels in a white wine sauce and a crusty bread. Bon Apetit!
For the Salad
- mesclun or any mixed salad green, about 1 cup per person
- 4 large tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped at the last minute (or basil)
For the Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Cover each plate with a layer of mesclun or mixed greens. Place sliced tomatoes on top. Salt generously.
- Mix the dressing ingredients into an emulsion.
- Crumble the goat cheese onto the tomato slices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing on top lightly and add the chopped parsley or basil.
Very easy tasty salad - I love the dressing. I used goat cheese with cranberries Mmmm Thanks for a lovely lunch salad
Yum, yum, yum! This was a great way to enjoy the summer garden-fresh tomatoes. I was gifted with some beautiful red as well as yellow tomatoes, so this was perfect. I made this as written, but added just a pinch of sugar to the dressing. I opted to go go with the fresh basil as my herb. I think the parsley would be great too, as well as cilantro. Thanx for sharing a new summer favorite!