A refreshing tomato salad with a dressing that kicks things up!
Make and share this Tomato Salad with Ginger-Garlic Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pieces ginger, peeled (this is subjective. The pieces I cut are about 1/4" thick each)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, to taste or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped (I often use cherry tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Crush ginger using mortar and pestle to make fine paste.
- Add garlic; crush with ginger.
- Remove to small bowl; whisk in salt, sugar, vinegar and oil.
- In bowl, mix tomatoes, onion and coriander.
- Add salad dressing; toss lightly to coat.
- Note: I often make this with a couple of cupfuls of cherry tomatoes, halving the larger ones.