Recipe by Anya
This is not a common tomato salad, although all of the ingredients are quite common. The recipe was given to me by a Lithuanian acquaintance, but I don't know if it is Lithuanian or her personal creation.
- 2 lbs tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1⁄4 cup dill
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions finely and fry them in oil until golden-brown and getting crispy.
- Allow to cool slightly (so the hot oil doesn't cook the tomatoes) and pour into the salad bowl together with all the oil.
- Chop tomatoes, eggs and dill and mix with the onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- The flavour may be slightly better if you let it cool for a bit in the fridge.