Tomato Salad With Crumbled Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large firm ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced (or a combination of different tomatoes, eg ( grape, cherry, yellow, plum, field)
- 1 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped (or parsley)
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (or herbed)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Dressing: combine the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Salad: cut the tomatoes and place on a decorative plate. Cover with the onion and the chopped basil.
- Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.