Recipe by Sica
Twice a year there's a this model Airplane show in Lakeland, FL. The food vendor sells the most delicious tomato salad. I couldn't find any recipe close to it on here so I added this one. They used homegrown tomatoes. So finding good quality tomatoes is key.
- 8 tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallions, chopped or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, freshly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- You can substitute fresh basil & oregano with a 1/2 teaspoon dried.
- Place the tomatoes & chopped veggies in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and herbs (if using). Toss well.
- Transfer to a serving dish and finish with freshly ground black pepper & salt to taste.