Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this all the time to eat at work and my co-workers love it. Very flavorful.
- 4 -5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 3 green onions, white and green parts
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon freeze- dried basil
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive or grapeseed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (I find fresh garlic a little too strong in this mix)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut tomatoes in half and gently squeeze, scooping out pulp and seeds. Dice.
- Mince green onions and chop Cilantro medium fine.
- Add onions, Basil, Cilantro, vinegar, oil and garlic powder to tomatoes and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Serve with 2 scoops low fat cottage cheese and gently mix.
A lovely fresh salad with a great combination of flavours. I used the cottage cheese to top the two pieces of rye bread I always have with my salad lunches, though. :-) Ah, a very nice lunch indeed! Thank you for a lovely recipe!
Lovely combination of flavors. I used fresh basil that was frozen from last summer. Didn't have scallions so used part of a yellow onion. I lined a small dish with the cottage cheese then put the tomato combination inside the cottage cheese lining. Nice presentation. Looking forward to using it with summer tomato crop.
This was a nice blend of flavors and made a great lunch. I used white wine balsamic vinegar, which I find to be a bit sweeter.