- 1 lb mixed heirloom tomato, various colors
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 small fresh red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped finely (optional)
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, grated
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, ciliegine size (cherry size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes roughly into bite sized pieces. Toss into a colander. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Toss well and allow to drain 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add oregano, olive oil, vinegar, chili and garlic; toss well. Serve with mozzarella.