Recipe by Pat McCardle
This salad is for when you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes. It says "summer" is here. Only use fresh tomatoes. DELICIOUS!!!
Top Review by Maureen C.
Fabulous. I used season salt on the tomatoes 10 minutes before serving as this draws the water out of them, arranged them on the salad plate, then sprinkled them with crumbled feta cheese.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl put oil and seasonings.
- Add tomatoes, either sliced or in small chunks.
- Use salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least an hour, for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Italian or French bread or crusty rolls are a must to accompany this salad.