Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is for when you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes. It says "summer" is here. Only use fresh tomatoes. DELICIOUS!!!
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl put oil and seasonings.
- Add tomatoes, either sliced or in small chunks.
- Use salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least an hour, for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Italian or French bread or crusty rolls are a must to accompany this salad.
Fabulous. I used season salt on the tomatoes 10 minutes before serving as this draws the water out of them, arranged them on the salad plate, then sprinkled them with crumbled feta cheese.
Nice simple recipe to let the flavor of heirloom tomatoes shine. I sliced them and drizzled the oil, then sprinkled the herbs,salt, and pepper.
I had everything fresh from the garden just TONS of small re cherry and yellow pear tomatoes along with fresh oregano and basil. I added red shallots just picked and dried and a diced green pepper too for good measure. Excellent!!