Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from a cookbook called the Joy of Eating years ago and it has always been such a hit. Everyone loves it and asks for the recipe. These tomatoes dissapear. The cookbook note says: This is a marvelous little salad.that I hope you enjoy. Make it in the morning and serve it at dinner.
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons dried toasted onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place the tomatoes in a lovely glass serving bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour dressing over the tomatoes and let marinate for atleast 4 hours. Wow the onions plump up and all the flavors blend together and it is so good.