Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I ADORE tomato salad, so I don't ever let it go to waste! I am known throughout my family for these biscuits. If your salad has gone mushy, don't throw it away! Put it in a biscuit!
- 1 cup of leftover tomatoes, from tomato salad (chunked fresh tomatoes w/ onions, olive oil, basil, and salt&pepper, If you don't have a cup of the)
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix (like Bisquick, Jiffy, Fix & Mix)
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk or 2⁄3 cup water
- melted butter
- parmesan cheese
- Mix baking mix and milk or water until moistened.
- Add tomato salad (and spinach, if you are using it) and mix together.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
These were great. Fast, easy, light and fluffy. Had some leftover homemade salsa and used that. Really moist, good biscuits. Dh impressed.