Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very simple salad. My mom would make it as a side dish for omlettes for brunch. I usually serve it with grilled steak or by itself. for those of you who do WW, this is 1 point per serving.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,de-seeded,and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped (both white and green parts)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In your serving bowl, put the cucumbers and salt and toss.
- Set it to the side for 10 minutes.
- Cucumbers will"sweat".
- DO NOT TOSS THE WATER!
- This is part of your salad dressing.
- Add the tomatoes, scallions and olive oil and toss.
- Put it in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- The longer it sits, the better it tastes.
Perfect! I left the cuke seeds in because I like them, and added lots of cracked black pepper. Thank you for the idea--I tend to eat tomatoes and cukes separately. I tried it twice, once using salt first, and the second using it only as a seasoning rather than a leeching ingredient. I prefer the results using it as a topping, where you can still get that crunch. I bet some slivered mint or basil might also taste good. Thanks for a winner!
I'm always amazed when something this easy to make tastes so incredibly delicious. This was a great way to use our tomatoes from our garden.Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe!
I started taking this to work for lunch every day this summer since I have an abundance of fresh tomatoes from my garden. I add lots of cracked black pepper because I love it with tomatoes! Lite and healthy! Thanks :)