Recipe by ellie_
A simple salad that goes great with barbeque meals or picnic lunches. Recipe source: Sunset (June 2005)
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is a wonderful and refreshing salad. The mint is a nice flavor addition. A nice balance of vitamins, and especially pretty served on a bed of tasty salad greens. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs tomatoes (6-10)
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or cup whisk together the vinegar and oil.
- Rinse and core tomatoes slice them into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange tomatoes in layers on a serving dish and drizzle oil/vinegar over and then sprinkle with mint, basil, salt and pepper evenly over each layer of tomatoes. Repeat with all layers.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours). Bring to room temperature before serving.