Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like this recipe served with soup or stew.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, dried and crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- parmesan cheese
- Stir together flour, parmesan cheese, sugar, baking powder, rosemary, baking soda, garlic powder and pepper.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, milk, tomato sauce and oil. Add all at once to well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease 36 1-3/4" muffin cups; fill 2/3 full. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan.
- To make 12 regular size muffins, bake 20-24 minutes. These freeze well.
I liked the flavor in these. The hint of rosemary sets these off. The parmesan also works well in these. I thought the mixture was a tiny bit dry. Perfect amounts to make 12 muffins. I think these would be good with soups, stews, even a dinner omellete. I might try adding sun dried tomatoes too. Thank you for sharing your recipe.