Recipe by The Big Cheese
I had this at a local restaurant and it is to die for!! I had a head cold and could still taste all the wonderful flavors. It's easy to make and I guarantee you will be serving this instead of plain tomato soup from now on.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 13 cups whole tomatoes with juice, crushed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, diced
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery and saute for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, rosemary, crushed tomatoes, stock, wine, brown sugar and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and bleu cheese and heat through.
- Add black pepper and stir well.
- Serve hot.