This basic risotto recipe is very quick & simple. You can use this recipe as a base & add as many other ingredients as you wish! (Yummy with mushrooms).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan, add onion, stir constantly over medium heat until onion is soft.
- 2Add rice to pan, mix well to coat each grain with butter.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, water, chicken stock powder& the bay leaf.
- 4Stir constantly over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5Rice should still be quite moist at this stage.
- 6Remove from pan from heat, stir in basil& parmesan cheese.
- 7Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese to serve if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 224.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: