Recipe by *Marli*
This basic risotto recipe is very quick & simple. You can use this recipe as a base & add as many other ingredients as you wish! (Yummy with mushrooms).
Top Review by Teej
Wow, this is terrific! I've made it twice already, as I grow basil in a pot on my porch. The first time I did not have onions, so I substituted dried onion flakes (1 1/2 Tbs.) and it still turned out great. Also, I use half the butter, and I make mine with half brown arborio rice and half white. This means I need to add extra water (1 3/4 cups) and cook it longer (about 50 min.) Thanks for this great recipe!
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 45 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add onion, stir constantly over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add rice to pan, mix well to coat each grain with butter.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, chicken stock powder& the bay leaf.
- Stir constantly over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Rice should still be quite moist at this stage.
- Remove from pan from heat, stir in basil& parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese to serve if desired.