Recipe by lauralie41
A lovely risotto made with creamy Arborio rice and seasoned with tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onions and Parmesan cheese. This recipe is adapted from ConAgra's website.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths (about 1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice or 1 1⁄2 cups medium-grain white rice, uncooked
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onions, cook and stir for one minute than add rice.
- Stir frequently and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and undrained tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Uncover skillet and simmer an additional 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.