1/2 Photos of Tomato Risotto
A lovely risotto made with creamy Arborio rice and seasoned with tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onions and Parmesan cheese. This recipe is adapted from ConAgra's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups medium-grain white rice, uncooked
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion, undrained
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add onions, cook and stir for one minute than add rice.
- 3Stir frequently and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add broth and undrained tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6Uncover skillet and simmer an additional 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 843.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion