Recipe by Boomette
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. This is really good. This soup is low-calorie. You can also used fresh tomatoes in this soup.
Top Review by WiGal
For a low calorie soup, this is quite good. I used fresh tomatoes and simmered for 25 minutes, then pureed and added brown rice. Next time I would double the savory aspect. I used dried thyme. But basil would be good also. Thanks Boomette.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 celery ribs, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 19 ounces tomatoes (I used crushed tomatoes or diced)
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Cook celery and onion 5 to 8 minutes, at low heat, without letting them take colors.
- Add tomatoes, water and rice. Season with savory.
- Add salt and pepper. Let simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add milk and keep cooking 2 to 3 minutes, just to reheat.