Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great as a main for vegetarian or equally good as a side dish. Reheats well to take for lunch next day. Good standby. Filling and tasty.
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese, extra
- Cook rice until tender, drain.
- Steam spinach until just wilted, rinse and drain well, cut finely.
- Heat oil in pan, add onion, cook, stirring, until soft.
- Combine rice, spinach, onion, dill and cheese in bowl.
- Stir in combined cream and eggs, mix well.
- Spread mixture into prepared 9 inch pan placing tomatoes on top of rice mixture, sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Bake, uncovered in moderate oven about 30 minues or until set and lightly browned.