Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love this recipe during the summer and take it to picnics and potlucks! It's also a great meal when you add shrimp--serve cold!
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 cup cooked corn or 1 cup thawed frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked rice, at room temperature
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine the tomato, corn, and rice.
- In a second bowl, toss the avocado in one tsp lemon juice, and then add to the other ingredients.
- In a third bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt, garlic, ginger, and cilantro.
- Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and rice, and toss gently.
I lost this recipe and was searching for it and I am shocked this recipe hasn't been given more reviews. I have been making this recipe for years and have gotten nothing about rave reviews about it wherever I bring it. I vary by adding chopped shrimp, grilled asparagus, roasted peppers, and/or roasted mushrooms. It's basically whatever I have on hand. You have to give this one a try! :)
While this was colourful and quick to make, we didn't enjoy it a lot. We found it over lemony with a bitter after-taste that probably came from the raw ginger and garlic. I think I prefer a mayo coated rice salad.
This made a colorful salad and would be a great idea for picnics as well. I did add some grated carrot and chopped green onions. I found I needed to increase the dressing amounts by half to have enough to cover the salad. Thank you for sharing your recipe!