1/1 Photo of Tomato Rice Salad
Christine Bettiga's Note:
My mom makes this for picnics and it usually is a hit! I love the different flavors in this recipe! If you like more spice, add essence or cayenne pepper or even minced jalapeno!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon spice essence or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 small diced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (red/green or yellow)
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1Bring water to a boil, stir in rice and 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand, covered 5 minutes.
- 4While rice is cooking, combine remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, lemon juice, cumin, garlic and olive oil.
- 5Stir into hot cooked rice.
- 6Chill for 30 minutes.
- 7Add remaining ingredients and chill several hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.2
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: