Recipe by Ranikabani
This is a tasty side dish for either a curry or something like barbequed steak/chicken. You can add green peas, mushrooms, or shredded carrot , or whatever veg you may happen to have, you can add chicken soup base or butter. You can leave out the spices or add what ever spices you prefer. It can be a different side dish every time!
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups parboiled rice
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and saute onions.
- When brown add tomatoes.
- Cook 3 minutes and add spices.
- Add rice and stir.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and bring close to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to about half way (medium).
- Cook till water disappears and holes form in the rice.