Recipe by Porfavorcorona
Posted for a recipe request.
Top Review by CostaRicaBound
Have made this many times. Extremely fresh tasting and tasty! I tend to use cherry tomatoes, cut them half and drain some of the liquid. If using larger tomatoes, I don't bother peeling and seeding, simply dice them up and drain some of the liquid. Great on French bread!
- 6 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the tomatoes peel them by soaking them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, the skin shoould peel off easier.
- Remove the seeds and chop them.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, celery seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, onion and green pepper.
- Store the relish in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.