Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Excellent on Crostini
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups peeled seeded and diced tomatoes
- Prepare the Relish:.
- Combine the sugar and cider vinegar in a saucepan and stir over medium-low heat to dissolve. Add in the onion and garlic and simmer until the onion slivers are translucent and the liquid is syrupy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the diced tomatoes and continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the relish is thickened and chunky, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the Crostini:.
- Slice the bread into angled slices that are 1/4 inch thick. Crush the garlic in a press and whisk into the oil. Brush the slices with the garlic olive oil, transfer to a baking sheet and toast in a 350 degree F oven until the slices are golden, about 10 minutes. Cool.