Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very simple and great with pasta, sandwiches, grilled meats or veggies--just about anything, really! This is best with vine-ripe tomatoes, but in the winter, try an equivalent amount of Roma tomatoes.
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Layer tomatoes and onions on a serving platter and sprinkle with oregano.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together and drizzle over tomatoes and onions.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving so flavors can meld.
A delicious easy to prepare salad. I used thinly sliced Roma and a yellow heirloom tomatoes, grape tomatoes, red and green onions and a stalk of celery to add some crunch to the salad. I added a little dried oregano and lots of freshly ground black pepper and the salt. I love the simplicity of the oil and vinegar dressing.