Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This outstanding Tomato Raisin Fusion Salsa recipe is from Karen Calanchini, Food Stylist and Photographer of Redding, CA. From What's Cooking America.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, medium chop
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (stems, ribs, & seeds removed)
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1.23 ml sweet curry powder (to taste) or 1.23 ml hot curry powder (to taste)
- 2.46 ml ginger, grated from a fresh knob
- 1 fresh lime, juice of
- coarse salt or sea salt
- freshly-ground pepper
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add onion, garlic, raisins, and chile pepper and saute until fragrant and still crunchy.
- Add tomatoes and mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook approximately 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and grate the ginger directly into the pan. Place a lid on the pan and let gently simmer for approximately 5 additional minutes.
- Add lime juice. Taste and add salt and pepper to your taste.