Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This outstanding Tomato Raisin Fusion Salsa recipe is from Karen Calanchini, Food Stylist and Photographer of Redding, CA. From What's Cooking America.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, medium chop
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (stems, ribs, & seeds removed)
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet curry powder (to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon hot curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated from a fresh knob
- 1 fresh lime, juice of
- coarse salt or sea salt
- freshly-ground pepper
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add onion, garlic, raisins, and chile pepper and saute until fragrant and still crunchy.
- Add tomatoes and mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook approximately 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and grate the ginger directly into the pan. Place a lid on the pan and let gently simmer for approximately 5 additional minutes.
- Add lime juice. Taste and add salt and pepper to your taste.