Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy way to turn your garden tomatoes int homemade tomato puree.
Make and share this Tomato Puree recipe from Food.com.
- SIMMER all ingredients until soft.
- Press through sieve, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process in Boiling Water Bath 45 minutes.
Wasn't even sure exactly what Tomato Puree was and needed some for Mike's Sweet Tomato Pizza Sauce #113153. Used this and the sauce is WOW. Thanks Steve for getting rid of the tomatoes all over my kitchen.
Good recipe. I took the shortcut of throwing everything in the blender at the end and that made for a very flavorful puree.