- 2 (1587.57 g) cancrushed tomatoes with juice
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml baking soda
- 709.77 ml toasted white bread cubes
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, sugar, paste, mustard, soda, and salt. Place bread cubes in the baking dish; drizzle with melted butter. Pour tomato mixture over bread. Refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Serves 8 to 10.