- 2 (28 ounce) canscrushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 3 cups toasted white bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, sugar, paste, mustard, soda, and salt. Place bread cubes in the baking dish; drizzle with melted butter. Pour tomato mixture over bread. Refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Serves 8 to 10.