Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My best bud P-Lo introduced me to this wonderful dish and my Thanksgivings haven't been the same since.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in 1 inch cubes (or Italian or Vienna, etc)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed (or less to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fill bottom of a 8 x 8 baking dish with bread (may not need entire loaf).
- Melt butter and pour over bread.
- Heat tomato sauce and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over bread.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.