1/2 Photos of Tomato Pudding
This is a recipe from my cousin who got it from a caterer she worked for some years back. If you're a tomato lover, you've got to try this for a side dish that goes with ANYTHING!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups bread cubes (any kind- I like wheat)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, to taste (can use dried)
- oregano, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Butter a 2 quart casserole dish and place the bread crumbs evenly on the bottom.
- 3In a saucepan, combine the butter, onion, and bell pepper and saute until translucent.
- 4Add the tomatoes and brown sugar, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- 5Put half the cheese over the breadcrumbs and pour the tomato mixture over the top.
- 6Add the rest of the cheese and bake until bubbly and the cheese is browned.
- 7(about 15 minutes).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 358.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 10.5 g