Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light. Sept 09. I think I would do this on the George Foreman grill instead of the broiler.
- 3 tablespoons organic canola mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons refrigerated pesto sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup arugula leaf
- 8 tomatoes, slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in a bowl, stirring well.
- Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil bread 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Turn bread over; place 1 cheese slice on each of 4 bread slices. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is bubbly.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons pesto mixture over each cheese-topped bread slice.
- Arrange 1/4 cup arugula and 2 tomato slices over pesto mixture; sprinkle tomato slices evenly with pepper and salt.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of remaining pesto mixture evenly over one side of each remaining bread slice; place 1 slice, pesto-side down, on top of each sandwich.