This recipe came from a Japanese cooking magazine article about making Italian food at home. I haven't tried it yet. Red pepper flakes could probably be substituted for the red pepper in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the chopped onion and minced red pepper in olive oil until done. (Along with them you can also saute the hard dry corners of the Parmesan cheese.).
- 2Add the can of whole tomatoes and mash.
- 3Add the potatoes, salt, water and basil leaves, and cook covered until the potatoes are done, adding more water if needed.
- 4Next add the pasta and cook until pasta is done. Adjust seasoning if needed. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Potato Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (1143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 978.2
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2630.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 24.5 g