Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from a Japanese cooking magazine article about making Italian food at home. I haven't tried it yet. Red pepper flakes could probably be substituted for the red pepper in this.
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 15 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 small potatoes, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaf
- 9 ounces macaroni
- parmesan cheese
- Saute the chopped onion and minced red pepper in olive oil until done. (Along with them you can also saute the hard dry corners of the Parmesan cheese.).
- Add the can of whole tomatoes and mash.
- Add the potatoes, salt, water and basil leaves, and cook covered until the potatoes are done, adding more water if needed.
- Next add the pasta and cook until pasta is done. Adjust seasoning if needed. Serve with Parmesan cheese.