Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Also known in Mexico as Huevos Ahogados. Serve over rice or cooked noodles.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes (drain and reserve juice)
- 3 hot green chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- 4 eggs
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- rice, cooked
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan. Saute the onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt & pepper and chili powder until onion is transparent.
- Add green peppers, drained tomatoes and chili peppers.
- Saute 3-5 minutes.
- Add juice from tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Gently drop in 4 eggs.
- Cook until eggs are ready to serve.
- Serve over rice with a few drops of Tabasco or your favorite pepper sauce.