Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple, pretty and tasty.
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 red tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 yellow tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 5 anchovy fillets, drained and cut up-optional
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, cut in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- At one end of the platter line up four slices of tomatoes-red, yellow, red, yellow.
- Then a slice of cheese on each, then a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with olive oil, strip the sprigs of oregano and sprinkle over all along with the anchovies if using, the olives and capers to taste.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve cold.
WYBI (Would you believe it) I do this same thing except maybe a different cheese and instead of Olive oil I use a wee bit of the anchovie oil. Congrats on your spot in the top ten- Go for the TOP you deserve it.