Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
A twist on traditional bruschetta found in SFI April 2007. Makes a great snack!
- 1⁄3 cup oregano leaves
- 350 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 20 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices day-old sourdough bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved lengthways
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop 1/4 cup oregano. Combine ricotta, tomatoes, pine nuts, parmesan and chopped oregano in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast both sides of bread until golden. Rub cut side of garlic over 1 side of bread. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of oil. Top with ricotta mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of oil. Top with remaining oregano. Serve.