A friend of mine has been talking about her favorite summer dish, tomato pie, for several days. She said it was a Paula Dean recipe, so I found it online and made a few changes to fit my gluten-free requirements. It was super-delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Bring fresh mozzarella to room temperature Slice the tomato and lay the slices in a single layer in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle it with a little salt and let it sit for 10 minutes while you are slicing and chopping the rest.
- 3Spread the mozzarella on the pizza crust. Top with the onion slices. Cut the fat off the cooked bacon and chop the meat. Spread the bacon meat evenly over the onion slices. Give the dog the fat.
- 4Next, sprinkle the snipped chives and basil over the bacon.
- 5Place four tomato slices on top of the other ingredients.
- 6Mix the mayonnaise and cheddar and place a dollop on each tomato slice.
- 7Cook at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Pie Pizza (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 224.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free pizza crust