1/2 Photos of Tomato Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Saw this on Cooking with Paula Deen, this is so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Blind bake the pie crust, so it is not soggy.
- 3Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in 1 layer.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 10 minutes or longer, if you don't the pie will fall apart.
- 5Layer the tomato slices, basil and onion in pie shell.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together.
- 8Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- 9To serve: cut into slices and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 637.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 11.7 g