Recipe by arizonacook2012
This recipe was shared with me and I've modified it to make 2 pies and included fresh spinach and an option to add meat if thats your preference! Paired with crusty french bread and a fresh green salad its a perfect meal for summer. Reheats great the next day too.
- 2 pie crusts, Ritz Deep Dish, Frozen
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup spinach, fresh (chopped)
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced (set aside 4 Tbsp for top of pie)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 3⁄4 cups evaporated milk, canned
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cooked ham, cubed into 1/2 inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prick the bottoms of pie shells and bake for 8 minutes, cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F Sprinkle half of olive and green onions on bottom of cooled pie shell, top with sliced provolone cheese. Sprinkle tomato slices with salt and pepper, dredge in flour. Heat olive oil in pan until hot but not smoking. Brown tomato slices and place on top of provolone cheese. Combine eggs,evaporated milk, cornstarch, spinach and shredded cheese, mix well. (Add ham, if desired.) Pour evenly into both pie shells; bake 40 minutes or until set. Top pie with reserved green onons and let set a few minutes before serving.